Membership in CTRWA entitles members access to:
- Monthly meeting with speaker or workshop.
- Monthly critique group.
- Mentorship program for unpublished writers.
- Support and camaraderie for published members
- Information on the publishing industry.
- Published author support.
- Monthly newsletter with articles on the craft, community and industry of writing.
- Opportunities to meet professionals in the publishing industry.
- Annual conference (discounted rates for members).
- Annual contest (discounted rates for members).
MEETINGS CTRWA meets the second Saturday of each month. Meetings begin at 11:00 (crit group at 9:30), followed by a speaker or workshop at 11:30. An optional pay-your-own-way lunch follows. Meetings are held at the Holiday Inn in North Haven, CT.
Any member is welcome to submit five pages to the critique group, which meets prior to the monthly meetings at 9:30 in the hotel meeting room. You must send in your submission in advance via the Crit Group Yahoo loop.
Any unpublished or small-press published CTRWA member is welcome to participate in the mentorship program, in which a published author is available to answer questions and offer advice for a period of two months. In return, “Grasshoppers” are asked to support their mentor through online reviews, attending signings when possible and any other means they can think of.
CTRWA is always looking for participation from its members! Conference planning, contest coordination, writing articles for the newsletter, graphic design and new member support are just some of the ways CTRWA members encourage and support each other.
CTRWA BULLETIN BOARD
This is an online group available to all members. It’s a great place to ask questions of the gang, announce news, discuss writing issues and get a boost if you need one.
Membership dues are $36 a year, payable in January each year.
Dues are prorated if a person joins after January. For more information regarding membership in CTRWA, please contact Anna Malicka at email@example.com. Membership in CTRWA is open to any person who is a member in good standing of Romance Writers of America (RWA).